Ground Turkey Sloppy Joes are a favorite at my house. This is an easy one pot/skillet meal that is tasty and packed with protein.
It’s easy to make after a long day and with only one skillet to clean, the dishes don’t take long either.
Turkey Sloppy Joes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1.5 tsp worcestershire sauce
- .5 cups bbq sauce
- .5 tsp cinnamon
- 1.5 tsp chili powder
- as needed salt and pepper
- 4 hamburger buns optional
- In large skillet heat olive oil, bell pepper, onion and garlic over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add ground turkey to skillet and mix with vegetables until turkey is fully cooked.
- Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, worcestershire, bbq sauce and spices to turkey mixture. Reduce temperature to low and stir (mixing well) to combine.
- Serve on hamburger buns or in a bowl without bun as a low carb option.
Nutrition: Calories:262 Fat:10 Carbohydrates:28g Fiber:5g Protein: 25g
Intentional Edit participates in select affiliate advertising programs. If you click and/or make a purchase through certain links on this site or any related social media platforms, Intentional Edit may make a commission. All opinions are my own.
Favorite Organizing Products
Amazon | The Container Store
Where to Shop
The Container Store | Target | Bed Bath & Beyond | Walmart | Marshalls | Ikea
Design & Decor
Wayfair | Joss & Main | West Elm | Crate & Barrel | Pottery Barn | Urban Outfitters
Marshalls | Nordstrom Rack | Old Navy | Ikea | Amazon | T.J.Maxx | J.Crew Factory
Nordstrom | Banana Republic | LOFT | J.Crew | Lululemon | Nike | Saks Off 5th | Abercrombie
Home Depot | Sherwin Williams | Michaels | Ace Hardware | Amazon | Etsy
Michaels | Ikea | Etsy | Home Depot | Target | Amazon
Lauren is the founder of Intentional Edit, a home organization and lifestyle company focused on consciously editing to create efficient and organized spaces. Lauren believes that a functional home that looks and feels good has a positive influence on all aspects of life. Creating systems that allow for the home to function more efficiently, therefore, eliminating most of the clutter and chaos is her priority. While trends come and go organization is always in style!
If you have questions please send me a DM on Instagram. I do my best to reply to all the messages I receive.
I’d love to have you follow along. Find me here:
Pinterest | Instagram | Facebook | Blog
Organizing | DIY | Recipes | Creativity | Design | Home | Shopping