If you love the flavors in traditional Italian lasagna but are watching your carbs this recipe is for you. This dish has been my favorite lasagna for a few years, we don’t even miss the noodles. The zucchini “noodles” add flavor and nutrition to the dish. I haven’t served it to anyone that hasn’t loved it.
Layers of ricotta cheese, marinara meat sauce and zucchini make this dish delicious.
Top with mozzarella cheese, cover with foil and bake.
Additional recipes that you will enjoy are here.
- 3 or 4 medium zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 4 garlic cloves, diced
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 25 oz Trader Joes Marinara Sauce
- 15 oz ricotta
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350
- Thinly slice zucchini lengthwise and spread out on a clean kitchen towel. Sprinkle salt over top of zucchini and set aside, this process will help remove water from the zucchini.
- Brown turkey in a skillet, drain and add garlic and onion to turkey. Cook on low to medium, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft. Add basil, oregano and marinara sauce, stir well and simmer.
- Mix ricotta, egg and parmesan cheese in a medium bowl and stir well. Set aside.
- Blot zucchini slices with paper towel to remove all excess moisture.
- Using a 9x12 casserole dish spread a thin layer of meat sauce on the bottom, then layer zucchini and finally ricotta mixture. Repeat meat sauce, zucchini, ricotta mixture layers until you have used them all. The top layer should be meat sauce. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese evenly over top of meat sauce. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes covered, remove foil after 30 minutes and continue baking for an additional 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool at least 5 minutes before serving.
Intentional Edit participates in select affiliate advertising programs. If you click and/or make a purchase through certain links on this site or any related social media platforms, Intentional Edit may make a commission. All opinions are my own.
Favorite Organizing Products
Amazon | The Container Store
Where to Shop
The Container Store | Target | Bed Bath & Beyond | Walmart | Marshalls | Ikea
Design & Decor
Wayfair | Joss & Main | West Elm | Crate & Barrel | Pottery Barn | Urban Outfitters
Marshalls | Nordstrom Rack | Old Navy | Ikea | Amazon | T.J.Maxx | J.Crew Factory
Nordstrom | Banana Republic | LOFT | J.Crew | Lululemon | Nike | Saks Off 5th | Abercrombie
Home Depot | Sherwin Williams | Michaels | Ace Hardware | Amazon | Etsy
Michaels | Ikea | Etsy | Home Depot | Target | Amazon
Lauren is the founder of Intentional Edit, a home organization and lifestyle company focused on consciously editing to create efficient and organized spaces. Lauren believes that a functional home that looks and feels good has a positive influence on all aspects of life. Creating systems that allow for the home to function more efficiently, therefore, eliminating most of the clutter and chaos is her priority. While trends come and go organization is always in style!
If you have questions please send me a DM on Instagram. I do my best to reply to all the messages I receive.
I’d love to have you follow along. Find me here:
Pinterest | Instagram | Facebook | Blog
Organizing | DIY | Recipes | Creativity | Design | Home | Shopping